Monday, September 1, 2008

About Me

Hey Everyone! Ummm... hmmmm... how should I begin? Well, my name's Michelle and I'm an Elementary Education and English major (and yet, I started off a sentence with 'ummm' and 'hmmm'. lol). I LOVE working with children (I've been employed at a teen center [where I'm currently working], the Boys and Girls Club of Hudson County, the America Reads program, and at Steven's Cooperative School) and hope to become a kindergarten or first grade teacher. As for interests, I enjoy reading (yay for books!), writing poetry (allows me to vent), music (various genres), shopping at American Eagle (the best store EVER), and exercising (although I've been slacking these past few weeks). I also enjoy cheerleading (yes, it is a sport and no, I don't cheer for the school, even though I want to [very long story]) and am excited to learn how to snowboard this winter (major YAY!). I'm very random and loud (unintentionally) and am very caring. This semester, I hope to attain As in all six of my courses *crosses fingers* and hope to become involved with S.E.A. My ultimate goals are to become a successful, effective elementary school teacher, continue helping out the nonprofit organization I work for (TeenPride, Inc.) and to become a volunteer for the Big Brother, Big Sister organization.

Other than that, I'm really friendly and kind; feel free to write me anytime you'd like.

Sincerely,
Michelle =)

Oh and btw...
My fave color is
LIME GREEN
! Just a random fact about me.

7 comments:

.....ALYSSA LEE..... said...

Wow! You were very thorough in your introduction (very cool lol). But yea i do have siblings in Florida who are much older (i'm the baby) Oh and the picture i found off google when i typed in finger puppets lol. They are the coolest. (I admit I have an obsession with drawing on my hands lol) But wow I did not know so much about you. I am glad to re-meet you.

PS: See you in class tomorrow!

Adalise said...

lolz aww michelle!
i love you hahaz! =)
VERY GOOD INTRODUCTION! =)

Dr. Luongo said...

Welcome, Michelle!

This was an excellent introduction. I cannot wait to learn more about you as the semester unfolds.

We are neighbors, you know!

Thanks for posting!

Jaclyn said...

So I'm not going to lie, the first that that popped out of your intro is the fact that you like cheering, but not for this school lol. Naturally, I'm curious about this long story! I played soccer my entire life, but always wanted to try out the whole cheering thing and my freshman year at SPC, I decided to do it! Let me tell you, I used to make fun of cheerleaders in high school because all the ever did at "practice" was stand around and gossip, but after doing it at SPC, I gained an inside aspect on it, and it changed my perspective. I finished the year, rocking out at both football and basketball games, but soon realized I'm really NOT the cheering type haha :] but hey, it was a learning experience. Anyway, good luck with 6 classes, I did it multiple semesters, and it's really not as bad as you expect it to be. You'll be fine! Just work hard and stay focused. I'm excited to see that you're interested in being involved in SEA, I hope you come to our meetings and parties because we do so many awesome things! (Plus, it's great to add to your resume lol).

See you in class :]

Rachel G said...

Yes I am still working at the Boys and Girls Club... I am still waiting to here from my boss the exact date we are starting again... Are you going back to PS 34?

sandy said...

I amazed of all the time you have... sorry i took so long to comment back, but i did not know how to do it.(lol) You have a very interesting life. My kids are a handful.. iam going to try to put of pic of them up..lets see how that goes..lol

Norma's Blog said...

you're funny. and :gasp: you like cheerleading! me too! lol Well I was a cheerleader in High School and Middle School, I was the flyer, I know you didn't ask but I just felt like sharing =D and whats with the "long story" maybe you should blog about it..lol..just a thought, see you in class!