Monday, October 13, 2008

Technology in the Classroom

So, after our mini debate in class about the pros and cons of the use of technology in the classroom (I, being very enthusiastic about the use) looked at numerous articles and videos about the topic and decided to share one of the videos. Hopefully after watching the video, the universal theme that technology will be used in classrooms, regardless of like or dislike of it, should be apparent to all. Beyond that, I think us, as teachers in the 21st century, should embrace all different types of methods of teaching involving technology, such as emphasizing the use of email, ebooks, blackboard, etc., to help reach and teach students, as well as using traditional methods.

Also, if opposed to using technology in the classroom, use technology to enforce and reiterate lessons and skills learned.

Enjoy the video! ;)

xOx Michelle

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Hi Michelle!

I have to agree with you that technology should be used in the classroom. To what extent is the question I find myself asking. I believe it is something important to have students introduced to and know how to use because of its wide presence in our world today. But, I do not feel it should be the primary source of instruction in the classroom because students should know how to think for themselves and do things on their own, without relying solely on a computer. With that being said, I do hope that we, as teachers, will be able to use technology through some form in our classrooms because it can be a wonderful tool to work with. Since there is so much to offer educationally, I feel students should be introduced to both the new and old ways of instruction to better help them learn, technology being one of them.

P.S. I like the way you write your blogs and the creativity you put into the homework one. Good job! =)

Dr. Luongo said...

Thanks for posting this video! I love it.

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Words of wisdom!

sandy said...

Ms. Blogger as they call you ( i think its cute), i agree with we have to use different ways of teaching in the classroom and technology is very necessary in this age.

i never got back to you on the first comment you left me sorry, yes, the kids are a hand full.. even as iam writing this they 're talking to me(lol) I can't hear myself think.

i like your blogs!!