Thursday, November 6, 2008

Big Brother, Big Sister

So....

One of my goals in life is to become a Big Brother, Big Sister volunteer, and guess what? I'm in the process of becoming one! Yay! I'm so ecstatic. *smiles* Saint Peters' Community Service is becoming involved with the Big Brother, Big Sister Organization of Essex, Hudson, and Union Counties, and will help "Bigs" (mentors) get paired with "Littles" (children) from Jersey City public schools. I have an interview next Wednesday so hopefully I'll become a mentor. *crosses fingers*

Just wanted to share that with everyone. ;)

If you're interested in becoming a "Big", go to Community Service and speak to Betsy and get an application. It's only four hours a month to help a child that might need your guidance so I encourage everyone who can become a volunteer to do so.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, I wish you good luck in your interview. I hope they can see how much you really want this.

Michele said...

Its a great thing you are doing a lot of children need someone like you to look up to and inspire them. I wish you the best of luck.

Jaclyn said...

Aww, BLOGGERSTAR! I'm so proud of you! You're like the modern day, Jersey City version of Angelina Jolie ;] lol Good luck! It's a great organization to get involved with. Who knows - maybe I'll see you at the school I work at! Or even the school I'll be student teaching at in the Spring!

Anni said...

I think that you will make a great Big Sister. I was going to do it too,, but I had some scheduling conflicts. I wish you all the best. You will do great