Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thoughts on Lesson

I have not presented my lesson plan yet (I will this Friday) however, based on previous demo lessons I have done, and how are class reacts to each others' teaching, I'm a bit worried that I won't be as stern and strict as others. I do believe in disciplining students, however, I don't feel that yelling or raising my voice to make a student behave is necessary. In Teaching Language Arts (which is also with Dr. Luongo) my demo lesson seemed to go well with the class, even though at times I felt like I had lost control. Throughout the lesson, I had to speak to several students who were misbehaving, however, I did not have to raise my voice at all and the class was pretty well behaved. Hopefully on Friday, I'll be able to keep our class focused on the lesson and be able to redirect everyone's attention without having to yell at anyone.

I think that everyone has different approaches to teaching; stern, strict, kind, lenient, flexible, etc. I think that my style of teaching is more relaxed than other students in our class.

Overall, I think my lesson should go well with our class, and I think that even though my style of teaching and discipline is different than most of our class's, I should do well. *crosses fingers*

No comments: